Sunday, January 31, 2010

Hailing Cab / Communication Fail

I never realized how ridiculously impossible it is to get a cab in SF, post-club Saturday night. Like seriously, I was out on Broadway and Stockton for 45 minutes and EVERY cab that passed was already hired. There were tons of people nearby also trying to hail a cab and only a few of them actually succeeded.

First of all, my ride didn't tell me that he was leaving Broadway, and then I found out from another friend that everyone in my car had left. I thought that they drove V home because I knew that she had to leave early and no one had told me otherwise, so at the end of the night I was just like - oh hey, I can cab home. WRONG. NO FUCKING CABS FOR ANJULI.

After trying to get a cab, to no avail, Jimmy called to see if I wanted to eat. When the plan fell through, Jimmy insisted on helping me get a cab before leaving.

An hour later we gave up and I called Julian to get me. I feel terrible for inconveniencing both of them. At Mel's, I realized that Julian left Broadway early and had already showered and gone to bed. He said when he passed my house earlier, he had a feeling that he'd have to pick me up. Jimmy waited an hour with me in the cold while his friends waited on him. I'm indebted and grateful to both, and to avoid a re-run, have vowed to drive myself everywhere from now on.

I hate Broadway.

2 comments:

  1. I called you to tell you we're going 5a5. You picked up and after I asked you if you wanted to go you hung up on me. Then me and V tried looking for you and we couldn't find you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah I had no idea what you were saying over the background noise and I wish someone had just texted me to say you were going somewhere else. All V texted me was that she was at home..

    ReplyDelete