Friday, January 15, 2010

Laughing Really Hard

Before I graduated from high school, I used to laugh so hard that I would fall to the floor. I couldn't help but laugh uncontrollably, and funny things would somehow happen ALL the time. Well, after years of less-enjoyable laughter, I'm starting to get it back.

Aside from experiencing a horrid allergic reaction which caused raccoon eyes and multiple consecutive days of Benadryl-induced coma, I've had a few notable moments this week:

Julian and I had lunch! We went to Santouka for ramen and the drive felt short because we were so busy catching up. On the way back, we were talking about horseback riding and ended up laughing so hard that by the time we calmed down, we realized that the car was between two lanes on 280 (I wasn't driving). That lifted my mood SOOOO much after being miserable for days with my swollen eyes. If we had crashed then and there, I would have definitely died happy.

I also caught the Warriors/Heat game and had AMAZING seats! We ended up with center court row 7 tickets, and the experience was such a stark contrast from what I'm used to. The Sideline Club seats have their own concession area, restrooms, walkways, and super-close parking. Gosh, how will I ever settle for regular tickets again? It just wouldn't be the same...

After work today, I had a hankering for panfried noodles and I dragged Brian to Lam's on Irving. It was such a funny situation - neither of us who speak Chinese arguing over who should try to order. We ended up ordering in English, and fortunately the lady who took our order understood. Brian told me a story about a girl we went to high school with falling down stairs and I thought I was going to die laughing, seriously. It's not as bad as it sounds. Well, okay, it is. I don't think he even told it right, but that probably made it even more funny.

1 comment:

  1. A couple cans of orange soda should do the trick. I remember you used to laugh so much it'd make me laugh! I'm glad that Anjuli is coming back :]

    ReplyDelete