Sunday, January 10, 2010

Snowboarding-ing! & Ka-la-o-ke

Friday night I went to Vessel, and that was the worst idea EVER in my career of ideas. BEFORE the crack of dawn Saturday, I dragged my ass out of bed to get ready. I knocked out cold in the car, and when I woke up we were in the Heavenly parking lot.

The first hour on the mountain I was miserable. One Gatorade and Tylenol later, I felt a bit better. I started boarding with Chad and Henry so I could take it easy. After lunch, I practiced carving and snowboarding in circles! I got the circles down by the end of the day, and I did a few runs by myself before we left so I got up to my own speed without having to wait. I feel like I'm better at toe-side than heel-side now, which is a huge change.

At one point, when we were all together, we ventured into a closed section of the mountain where I hit a baseball-sized rock and landed my board on a tree stump LOL. My board wasn't damaged too badly, but the hike back to the normal path was SO exhausting!! Brian and Kevin braved the steep and rocky decline, but us less-pro people decided to not risk it.




Alex made us turkey/bacon/avocado sandwiches, because he's awesome. So that's what we ate for lunch! We hung out in the parking lot fog after the lifts closed and just f'ed around. Alex's feet were so hot they were STEAMING when he took off his boots LOL. Ridiculousness and lots of Gary banter! We had a cookie-fight between cars as we were leaving. We stopped at In & Out in Davis on the way back to eat, and Alex Gary Kevin and I were playing a game: "is that a guy or a girl". Except, it got complicated because we weren't talking about the same person, HAHA. Though completely defeating, it was a really fun game.

We had a nice drive back, and all in all it was a great trip. Lots of laughs and good times, and I made some decent snowboarding progress. This trip was for CHAD, one last road trip before he goes off to Oregon. SUPER glad we could all make it!

When we got back to SF, I unpacked, showered, then headed back out for Stan & Lily's birthdays at Firefly. They rented the upstairs area for a karaoke party!! There was lots of alcohol there and fun people. I thought I would feel awkward because I only knew 2-3 people, but everyone was nice! And it seemed like a lot of people there didn't know each other either, HAHA, so that helped. Was a fun end to a long, long day. This, I think, was my most productive Saturday yet.

1 comment:

  1. i'm glad you made it out to snowboarding! Way to tackle that resolution haha. I still can't believe you went out afterwards. you crazy, you machine, you crazy badger machine!

    ReplyDelete