Sunday, January 3, 2010

New Years (in LA, trick!)

On Wednesday night I finally watched He's Just Not that Into You, and it's been a while since I've BAWLED - but that movie is definitely a tear-jerker.

Thursday morning, V and I flew to LA. Bryant picked us up and we picked up Chinese breakfast at this place next to BAMBOODLES. HA, LOVE THAT NAME. We ate back at his place then napped. He was nice enough to let us stay in his backhouse, which is UNGODLY cold, but super cool to live in because it's secluded. For dinner, we had Chinese food again and then stopped by a hot pot party before clubbing - met some interesting people. It ended up being 4 of us at Boulevard 3, but it was still fun. There were mesmerizing gogo dancers! The countdown was disappointing, but I expected so. We got carne asada fries after the club, and they lived up to the hype.

Friday, we had Chinese food again, resulting from a string of failed attempts to try other places. I think food businesses should be open on New Years, because really - what else is there to do aside from eating?? Anyhoo, we rented Paranormal Activity and watched half. Then we went to Yard House for drinks, The Hat for a snack, and back home. At drinking, I re-met a girl that had French class with me in high school! SMALL WORLD! We finished Paranormal Activity and I didn't find it all that scary. The huge break that we took, however, probably influenced this. Then again, maybe it's better that way because I wasn't scared!

Saturday, Dom took us to Roscoes (I f'ing love Roscoes) and then shopping in Pasadena. I got a root beer float froyo at 21 Choices, and it was SO GOOD. I wonder if places in SF have that flavor. We walked around and the weather was really nice! Lots of cool dogs and cars to gawk at. When we got back to the house, Dom and Bryant were preparing their fight moves for the night to come. For dinner, we went to a birthday at a Japanese restaurant. Saw some of the same people from then night before, got to know them a bit better. Stopped by karaoke for a bit after, and then headed to Area! The club was nice, music was great, crowd was FULL-ON Asian. Good times. We drove back to SF at 5:00AM, and the car ride + being hung over was PURE HELL. All in all, a good weekend, and no pictures.

Oh and, my New Years resolutions:
1. Read more (i.e. Shadow of the Wind)
2. Drink, and go out, less
3. Take more pictures
4. Eat healthier and stay in shape
5. Be less of a flaker for social events

I hope 2010 is a spectacular chapter for all.

2 comments:

  1. I'm with you on 2-5. I already drink a lot less now! 5...I really need to work on =X

    Paranormal Activity had too much hype. Chris and I were so bored with it -_-

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha its interesting seeing these go-to places like Boulevard 3, Roscoes, and The Hat. I've been to those places like every time I'm down there. Makes me feel like I know some of LA! but the truth is, I really don't cus I keep going to the same places. heh

    ReplyDelete