Monday, February 1, 2010

Getting In Touch With My Identity

So I finally finished The Far Pavillions! All 957 pages of dramatic glory, in about a week. I can FINALLY say that I've read the novel that my name comes from, which is something that I've put off for far too long.

And an epic story it was: While Anjuli is a wholesome, faithful, beautiful and highly commendable character, she lives most of her life shut-away, alone, unappreciated, despised, and mistreated. Only in the last segment is she freed from her horrific life as a half-caste princess in a highly traditional culture, and lives happily ever after with her savior, and coincidentally the love of her life (Ashton). I enjoyed the vivid and dramatic episodes of scandal within the kingdoms much moreso than the British battle/war stories, but all in all, definitely a great read.

Also, according to this, my doppelganger is Portia Derossi. Uhh, well I like her jacket. LOL

2 comments:

  1. 957 pages! good god. too bad it's not a 1000, because that sounds cooler/

    Hey this celeb link works for me now, sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Portia is hot. But not so much from certain angles. She definitely has a "good side".

    ReplyDelete