Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Gym Tour & Travel Plans

One of my unofficial new years resolutions was to tour the 24 hour fitness locations, and I've made progress recently! Yesterday, after a guilty dinner at San Mateo Prime, Julian and I went to the 24 on El Camino. It was okay. I'd give it the same rating that I would give to... the Ocean location in SF. Then today, after work, we went to the Montgomery 24, and it was SO F'ING NICE! Like ridiculously nice! Like the women's locker room had back-lit vanity mirrors and super fancy SHOWERS! They even had pay-use lockers in addition to the regular lockers.

There was a lounge area with leather couches and a TV. And the women's locker room had it's own tv. The lockers were wood-grain and not the cheap plywood lockers the other locations have. The water fountains had ICE-COLD water, and there were just SO FREAKIN' MANY MACHINES!! Most of all, the gym felt CLEAN!! This gym is fucking classy, and it's going to be my new default location. Like a kid in a candy shop.

I'm doing pretty well with my gym routine, and I feel great. I can tell that my endurance is improving because I can run 5 minutes without wheezing now. I just have to cut back on binge-eating. Today after we worked out, we ate at Naan 'N Curry LOL.

So last night, as I was getting ready to book a trip to Egypt, I stumbled upon a flurry of horror stories about how dirty, polluted, and dangerous Egypt can be. From food-poisoning, to irresponsible guides and broken toilets/AC at hotels and tourist spots, EVERYTHING has gone wrong for someone. I'm having second and third thoughts about Egypt, and am considering somewhere safer like Europe...

1 comment:

  1. That 24 sounds awesome! Usually the reviews make 24 hour fitness seem crumby.

    ReplyDelete