Sunday, December 20, 2009

Spontaneous Santouka & Santana (Row)

Spontaneity! Charles picked me up from work today, and then we went straight to SJ to meet Nicole, V, and Huey at Santouka! It's a ramen stand inside of a Japanese market - but this has its pros:

1. Huge parking lot
2. No waiting for a table
3. Efficient service, quick food prep

The food was amazing, I can't find the words. Magic in your mouth!! Their noodles were PERFECT, as was the soy broth - better than Santa Ramen and WELL worth the drive.

At some point we decided to go to Santana Row. At Nicole's, I borrowed a top and flats and then we hung out a bit to discuss the Seattle dilemma. Looks like Seattle may be a no-go, because of the chance of snow. Things are still up in the air..

Anyway, we went to Burberry and Gucci when we got to Santana Row. The things I'd buy if I were rich! First we hit Straits, but wanted to see other places so we went to V-Bar and Blowfish. V-bar was really chill and we were lucky enough to get a table as we walked in. Blowfish has YUMMY sushi!! Oi shi! And I liked my Hawaiian-themed drink. It was called Sweet Leilani.

This curly sugar thing came on Charles's dessert - I ate it. MMMM


Ramen and Santana Row was LOTS OF fun! We must go back! =)

2 comments:

  1. spontaneous days are always good. I've never been a huge fan of ramen, maybe I haven't tried a good place yet. You ever go to Genki Ramen on Geary?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've tried Genki... it's not that great. I didn't fall in love with ramen until I had REALLY GOOD ramen! So, I think that is the key. . =)

    ReplyDelete