Sunday, December 27, 2009

(Goodbye) Seattle - Day III

Our last day in Seattle! Menie and I had viet sandwiches and Charles had Panera on the way to Kent. We watched Avatar in IMAX 3D and it simply blew my mind (this was my first IMAX experience). The movie was ridiculously well done, I felt like I was really IN it. The graphics and animation were out of this world! Also, we were the only non-whites in the theater, which was awkward having grown up in SF.

We went to Joey's in Tukwila afterward for dinner. Good fish tacos! I wish we had one of those here, I'd be there for HH always. The decor is awesome - think vessel, but on a MUCH grander scale and a tiny bit more casual. It's almost tragic that the restaurant doesn't turn into a club at night.

The check-in at the airport was a zoo, and we had to wait in a long line. The security check though, fortunately, was much faster this time. The flight home was "open seating", which is a new concept for me. Good thing it wasn't a full flight, V and I got to sit together!

When we got back to OAK, it was an adventure. I've only taken BART once, and I didn't even know how to buy the ticket. I got off at Civic Center, not realizing that it opens onto the ghetto area of Market. I ended up walking home because there weren't any buses or cabs along the way, and I wasn't sure if it was safer for me to wait around. I won't be flying into OAK ever again at night, unless someone picks me up.

Overall, I think Seattle was a great trip, and I had a fantastic Christmas. It was wholesome, chaotic, and loads of fun with excellent company. Many memories and running jokes have stemmed from this weekend, and I'm glad I spent it with these fools. What a nice way to end 2009. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment