Tuesday, December 15, 2009

I Heart My Job

I don't know very many people who can honestly say that they love their jobs, but I know that without a doubt that I freakin' do. Why? Let's take JUST today for example:

1) My co-worker was standing opposite me at the counter during his lunch - it's about a foot and a half wide, so with him being directly in front of me we weren't far apart. So he looks me and asks "Can I have a kiss?", and I look at him, then I look sideways (I do this when I don't understand), and then I look back - to see if he's serious. His face hasn't changed, and he's still staring at me waiting. And I'm like, "WHAT?" (he's gay), and then I realize that there's a bag of chocolate kisses under the counter. I think that was one of the most awkward moments of my life, but definitely the most comical one. I wish I could have seen my face. We both cracked up instantly, and he was like, "can you imagine, if you had leaned over I don't know what I would have done" HAHAH but I reassured him that I WAS NOT going to give him a kiss LOL I was just SOOOO CONFUSED!

2) One of the service writers had helmet hair from hell, ALL DAY, and couldn't get it to temper down for the life of him LOL. There was a straight-standing tuft on one side of his head and we couldn't help but laugh because it was just so ridiculous-looking. Think: HORTON HEARS A WHO!

3) At closing, the sound system and DVD player need to be shut off - they're both located in the attic where it's dark. So I guess the jackass techs were tidying up earlier in the day and decided to pose the mannequins like real people. OMG SCARED THE CRAP OUT OF ME!! One of them was hangin' out behind the staircase, and the other one was sitting across, leaning forward, with his elbows on his knees. I have to admit, they did a really good job...

Don't get me wrong - we're serious and we do work hard, but moments like these make me wonder if I'll ever find a job I love more than this one. My co-workers are awesome, enough said.

2 comments:

  1. I wish I could say the same. My work SUCKS! But at least I don't have to work crazy hours like V. hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha funny work stories, i wish there was a picture of those mannequins

    ReplyDelete