Sunday, December 27, 2009

Seattle - Day II (Saturday)

At around noon, we eventually crawled out of bed for some serious shopping! While we were waiting to leave, V and I were practicing being snakes and koalas on Menie's staircase.


The expedition started at Bellevue Square, and Menie kept missing the exit so we took the scenic route. Seattle seems to have a lot of tunnels, lots of opportunities for making wishes! We were at Bellevue for two hours, and V and I bought things we probably shouldn't have. But hey, we're on vaca! Charles was looking for a gift, but didn't find it. While V and I were waiting, we took some pictures at this cool Christmas setup in the mall!





Later, we headed to The Bravern, which is an upscale high-end retail center almost more pretentious than Santana Row. We did a walk through for another hour of shopping and decided to head back to the house for a nap. I have to say, that customer service in Seattle is superb - at least from what I've seen thus far. The staff that I encountered pretty much everywhere was friendly and helpful, even moreso than I've seen in SF!

We went to Samurai Noodle in Asia-town for dinner. Apparently, Chinatown, Koreatown, and Japantown are all in one area in Seattle? Anyway, the ramen wasn't bad - we were skeptical at first but we ended up enjoying our meal! We got dessert afterward at a Chinese bakery down the block, that was a nice treat.

When we got back to the house again, we sat at the table and just talked while enjoying sangria. I ended up needing to take a nap, and when V and Menie came upstairs to wake me up, Suie and Lorine were already downstairs. In my groggy state, I put my hand out to tell V to SNOOZE, and I accidentally poked her in the nose LOL. I did the same to Menie, but I knocked her over instead because she was making ridiculous alarm sounds.

The main event of the night was R Place, bar/club with three floors and fantastic decor. The music was excellent, they played everything we wanted to dance to and never repeated a song! The crowd was lively and gave off a really positive vibe, everyone was just having a good time. We met a bunch of new gay friends and had a blast dancing with them. I also fell in love with a gay go-go dancer - he was gorgeous. We were dancing for 3 straight hours, and I had a really great time. I'm so glad they dragged me out of bed! Club pictures in the next post, maybe!

1 comment:

  1. lol@koalas and snakes. Seattle's sounding like a pretty cool city! I've only been to tourist-y places, and thats way different

    ReplyDelete