Saturday, December 26, 2009

Hello Seattle

I am an albatross... (and V is a manatee).

We flew out of SF on Christmas Eve, and our flight was delayed two hours. This travel experience was kind of odd for me - the mildly-attractive Asian guy in front of me at the security gate promised me that he wouldn't steal my shoes, and then the TSA agent made an inappropriate joke when I passed through the metal detector. It was confusing. I was tired. I got some GMAT studying done while we waited for our flight, and when we got to Seattle it was 33 freakin' degrees. On the plane, I tried to get Charles to tune into the classical radio station so I could show him my air-instrument playing, but when he realized what I was doing he neglected me. I get so restless on airplanes!!

Menie picked us up in her safari-mobile, and we were IN AWE at its awesomeness. We got back to the house and had Tuna Helper and sausage with pasta (wine too). We were famished! We did gift exchange before sleeping, and I think everyone loved what they got =) My secret santa was Menie, and she got me a super cute Juicy necklace and a purple planner!!


Friday (Christmas day) we made a Safeway run and then ate dim sum down the block, in the ghetto. The food wasn't bad but the neighborhood was kind of sketchy. There was a guy selling chain necklaces in the parking lot. LOL. On another note, I think I like chicken feet! We got some Tully's coffee afterward, and then picked up Finding Neverland at Hollywood Video.



Then, we walked around downtown for a bit and took pictures before the movie.

We ended up watching It's Complicated. Meryl Streep is an amazing actor, and I was really touched by the movie. There were LOTS of funny moments, like when they were smoking pot - they were almost TOO convincing. The movie theater was in a mall, and they had cool Nutcracker statues. We found a girl!


We headed home for dinner and started getting things ready. Menie did most of the cooking but we all helped with the prep, like elves! There was also lots of drinking of the wine, and karaokeing with the ipod. Almost two hours later, our dinner was amazing! We had salad, Cioppino with cheesy bread and RACKS of lamb. Everything was delicious and I could barely finish my food. Menie is an fantastic cook!!





Suie convinced us to go clubbing, and we ended up going to Ibiza. It was a nice venue, but it wasn't very crowded - I guess Seattleans don't party on Christmas. We had fun anyway though, and someone drank too much and got kicked out by the owner LOL, I won't say who but it wasn't me! We got back and we all were a mess (as was the house). Everyone passed out but I woke up randomly at 4 something in the AM and felt like cleaning. What an ACTION-PACKED Christmas!! Super fun and very merry. So many memories =) Oh, and we also did a photo shoot before we went clubbing. LOL.





Stay tuned, the weekend has just begun...

2 comments:

  1. Lol, not bad, Ambu. Story well told. My favorite picture is the one where you're trying to reach into the cupboard. In the un-maximized picture, you look like you're busting a superhero pose!

    ReplyDelete
  2. racks of lamb? damn, sounds delicious.
    +1 for possibly liking chicken feet

    ReplyDelete