Sunday, March 21, 2010

Rollercoaster Sunday

Today started out fantastic! I had a really long date with Menie, which began with eating Vietnamese sandwiches at the koi pond in Central Park! It was really nice and peaceful, gorgeous weather of course.

Then we went back to Menie's and read together for a bit before watching the Sharks game. She also gave me a makeover with her fancy airbrush makeup machine. This is what I'd look like if I wasn't so pale: (I'd have orange cheeks LOL)

I ate dinner with her parents and it was one of those "why don't you speak Chinese" conversations, except this was probably the best one yet lol. They were actually REALLY awesome despite the language barrier. After dinner we watched Precious and ate kettle corn. She also served me wine, and dimmed the lights. BEST DATE EVER! The movie was really moving, and very touching. We also watched Why Did I Get Married - more Black drama. We had a midnight meal and then I went home.

AND THEN -- SECOND SCARIEST MOMENT OF MY LIFE!! I was a few blocks away from home, driving through the projects and I stopped at a stop sign. I started driving through the intersection and a skateboarder donned all in black flies through the crosswalk, hits my car, and then somersaults over the front. I'm sitting there thinking: OMG, I'M FUCKED. I park and roll down the window as the girl is getting up. And I'm asking her OMG ARE YOU OKAY?? And she's like yeah, I think I'm okay. And then I'm like, ARE YOU SURE? ARE YOU HURT? And she's like, no I think I'm okay but this was my new skateboard - do you have any money? And at this moment, a patrol car pulls up (told you we were in the projects) and hears her last sentence. So he asks her, WHY ARE YOU ASKING FOR MONEY? And the girl says, I was just joking! So the cop tells me to leave, and that they will take care of it.

Here I am, scam or not, ever so grateful that I've got a dented car instead of a lawsuit on my hands. I don't understand exactly what happened, but hey - I'll take it, appreciate it, and pay it forward.

1 comment:

  1. jebus i'm craving vietnamese sammiches now. Thats one heck of a story there dude. I hope she's really alright. If not.. universal healthcare?

    ReplyDelete