Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Recent Developments

So as it turns out, my first experience with golf was a stroke of beginner's luck. I went to the driving range Monday night, and realized that I've got a lot of work to do on my swing! BUT NO I AM NOT DISCOURAGED, I *WILL* KEEP TRYING =)

Last night I was also invited to join Yelp Elite. Yes, I know that Yelp is known for extorting money from businesses and I've heard the expression "White whine", but somehow I still feel.. special. Whoever thought of this Elite thing is a genius. So yeah, now I'm Elite. What's up beezies!!

This morning at my eye appointment, I was asked by both the optometry tech, and the ophthalmologist if I was there for color contacts... so I guess that means that I once had really, ridiculously, good-looking vision. Now I just have regular vision... that freaks me out. I'm glad that my vision is still considered "good" but I want it to be the way it was before!!!!!!!

I'm currently reading To Kill A Mockingbird, and I'm surprised I hadn't read it in my school curriculum, ever. I can see why it's a classic, I love the way the author portrays the innocence of youth and how the main family represents everything atypical of the times (politically, morally).

Today I also passed my Handgun Safety Test - finally! And then I went to the gym. Next I've got to do some research on handguns, and get in shape for Bay to Breakers! Also, ordering contacts tonight! I hope they restore my vision to what it used to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment