Saturday, November 7, 2009

Bridges, Cupcakes, and Handcuffs

On Thursday at happy hour with Jon and Nick, I realized once again that I have no concept of drinking in moderation, or "sipping". We went to Ike's for a sober-up sandwich, then home. I stayed up way too late watching Fringe! Who can resist a series which is best described as Law & Order + Heroes??

I dropped B off at the Oakland airport early Friday morning then went to Hillsdale. I realized that I enjoy driving over the Bay Bridge best. OH how I miss driving back from Cal in traffic everyday and watching the ships at bay. I was SO unimpressed by the San Mateo bridge.

When I got into the mall, I was grossly surprised at how many people were waiting outside of stores for gates/doors to open.

I hit major traffic on my way back (I love SF), but luckily made it to work. Afterward, I came home to change and was off to Chris's surprise dinner at Hard Knox. Parking near Clement was such a challenge, especially because Rupert doesn't fit half of the spaces in Richmond.

I was falling asleep during dinner and the beer didn't help. Steph fed us ridiculously-good cupcakes. That didn't help either. I got super VIP parking at Supper Club afterward, but was still so exhausted that I ended up leaving early anyway. The highlight of the night HAD to be either 1) the boys trying to pole-dance, or 2)Gary getting handcuffed to the wall. Even though I got home early, I stayed up to Yelp. Damn me.

Working Saturday mornings is always somewhat of a dread. And I always eat one too many doughnuts, and drink one too many cups of coffee. Now here I am, crashing, and too drained to party on. It'll be nice though, for once, to stay in on a Saturday.

1 comment:

  1. Haha the post's title is so random! I took a rupert-sized space :P

    Amen to staying in on a saturday

    ReplyDelete