Monday, November 23, 2009

Dirt Biking!!!!

Today, my co-workers and I did Rob Rickert's Dirt Bike School in Rancho Cordova! It was crazy fun, and exciting, and I learned a WHOLE lot. Prior to this, I'd made many inconsistent attempts at riding street bikes, and eventually sold my Ninja (Tyson) because of lack of dedication to practice. Now I'm a million times more confident, and have mastered shifting. I love shifting, it's probably my favorite part of riding! I had some trouble braking initially, because I freak out and grab a shitload of handbrake, but I learned how to counter this - by pulling in my clutch lever at the same time. I did so much better than I thought I would, and was able to ride a bike with only one foot on the ground (ever).

The coaches were fantastic, and super funny. They were making jokes the whole time and I felt way more relaxed at this class than at my first MSF Street course years ago. The weather ended up being perfect, and it couldn't have gone any better. I had a freakin' blast, and I can't wait to go back for more. Dirt bikes are like ATV x200!! And I REALLY LIKE ATV'ing!!

1 comment: