Friday, November 27, 2009

Girls Who Stare At Shrimps

T-day dinner was great! Turkey thighs (sweet sweet dark meat), marshmallow sweet potatoes, chicken-heart stuffing, and thick gravy - faves. My mom did a fantastic job! Her Sifu and a Taichi master from Beijing joined us, so I couldn't partake in the Mandarin table talk. But it wasn't so bad, I was busy gorging..

I'm staying at Bryant's while he's in NY, and I'm shrimp-sitting! Well, technically, I'm tending to both aquariums, but the shrimpies are far more interesting than the fish. I never realized how much maintenance saltwater tanks require in order to maintain a proper environment - meticulous to say the least.

I like to stare for half-hours at a time. These are "sexy" shrimps because they gyrate their booties all hypnotic and such. The shrimpies fight each other (and the hermit crabs) over food pellets, and when they eat, their antenna-like appendages vibrate frantically! With cute little legs to grab pellets from me like BABIES, I just can't get enough of these curious creatures.

2 comments:

  1. wow those shrimps look pretty crazy. haha is "sexy" the real name for them?

    ReplyDelete
  2. From what I gather, they're either called 'sexy' shrimps or anemone shrimps??

    ReplyDelete