Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Memorial Day Weekend in.. VEGAS!!!

This past weekend, we did Vegas like I've never done before. First time traveling in a big group, first limo ride, first time playing at a table, AND first time clubbing in Vegas. So many exciting new things for me =) And a trip I can't possibly ever forget...

We flew in Saturday night and got picked up in a limo! After checking into Aria, we got ready to go and headed to XS. It was enormous, ridiculous, and my MOST FAVORITEST part was the jacuzzi! We should've gotten a table on the main floor, because it was so packed inside of the club that it made dancing a little less enjoyable. The club was crazy loud, and the outdoor area was really nice. Surprisingly, the bathroom line wasn't bad at all.

After clubbing until 3 something in the AM, we went to the Venetian for GRAND LUX!!! I love Grand Lux, their food is so good. EVERY single time I've gone to Vegas (three times) I've eaten there. I wasn't hungry enough for the Shrimp Scampi this time - but I will be back for it next trip! I got a burger melt, and it was all kinds of juicy, greasy, deliciousness. When it was time to get a cab, the line was super long. I was sooo tired and the sun was already nearing the horizon. We went back to the hotel and crashed. The bed was sooo comfy.

Sunday morning, we woke up and went straight to the pool. Picked up drinks and snacks at the poolside restaurant and just lounged with the girls for a few hours. So relaxing. We got ready for an early dinner and then headed to Bouchon for the fancy eats! The food was really good and the server said he liked my flower. SWEET! We sang happy birthday to Bo even though he tried to play it off, and then we rushed off to the show!

I love Cirque du Soleil. I just love acrobats and special effects and really TALENTED people. "O" was all that and more! Synchronized swimmers are ALWAYS great entertainment, and the mechanics of the stage were MIND BLOWING. The music was live and the characters were awesome, and the show theme was kind of dark and twisted (I love that stuff). I daresay it could have been better than "Ka", and I was REALLY impressed with Ka.

The show ended early and we headed back to the hotel to pregame. Once we were all jacked up on caffeine and booze, we went to the Palms for Playboy Club. I was really relieved that the elevator didn't make me sick, I was sort of anxious about that. The club was a spectacular view and when they switched to the second deejay we had LOTS of fun. I feel that I did an excellent job of moderating my drinking, and I had a great time without overdoing it. We left early around 2 and headed back to the hotel to regroup. And then we went to.. McDonald's! It was a much needed fast-food fix and I slept really well that night.

Monday we had lunch at a cafe downstairs, and I played Roulette! I didn't do badly at all, and I would have played more if the tables weren't so crowded. I skipped buffet and walked around by myself. It was perfect weather for some me-time. I actually really liked Aria, everything there is so nice and brand-spanking new. The best part of the hotel was probably the touch-screen console that controlled everything in the room. How badass is that? We headed to the airport in the evening, and one delayed flight later we were home sweet home. Of course, the screen at my seat was busted for half the flight. But I did get some Doom-time in.











Such great company!! And so many excellent first-time experiences - I just really can't wait to do it all over again <3

1 comment:

  1. sounds like a lotta fun! I'm jealous I still haven't Cirqued a Soleil yet. When you say Doom time do you mean... playing Doom on your phone?

    ReplyDelete