Monday, June 7, 2010

Farewells, For Now.

Yesterday we had a barbie at Coyote Point for Menie, because she's moving away - I was just starting to get used to having her around again... and here she goes leaving all over. Well, we had lots of fun anyway. For the most part, everything went well.

The pineapple with brown sugar and cinnamon was sooo good. And I guess I never thought about it, but yesterday I learned that cinnamon is actually tree bark? Lots of good company, old friends and new, and delicious food. I got to use my activity mat and tanned while people played volleyball. I also made jello shots, and I'm pretty sure they were amazing - if nothing else, they were at the very least POTENT.

And then today I had brunch at Stacks with Julian. He is also leaving on Thursday to pursue his career. I'm so sad that he's moving away! We had a nice meal and then went to the driving range at Crystal Springs. It was a gorgeous day and there were animals out on the grass, so nice.

Afterward we hung out at his place for a bit, playing with the cats and chatting by the pool. I'm going to miss hanging out with him! This week will be sad, and I wish I could send other people away instead of them and keep my favorites around. But still, I'm excited for them both and wish them all of the best =)

Menie and I went for a late dinner with Ryan and Alan at Santa Ramen - I think this may be our last meal together for a while. And then we ran into some friends at Golden Island for dessert. Lots of funny moments throughout the night, those guys are hilarious. I'm sooo going to miss that crazy girl!

1 comment:

  1. I learned something new, Cinnamon is treebark? dang. I wonder who was the one to lick a tree and was like damn i gotta put this ish on my toast.

    Good thing about friends in different places, is more places to visit.

    ReplyDelete