Thursday, June 3, 2010

The Learning Experience



I've always most hated feeling: 1) inadequate or inefficient, and 2) betrayed. The past two days I've contemplated the latter, and I've come to terms with a falling out in my personal life much more quickly than I'd have anticipated. The verdict? I'm getting better at this whole learning experience thing.

The sad part - I have to learn and relearn to not trust people, time and time again. Whenever I get close to something I feel is solid, it turns to shit. I've been told that I probably expect too much from people. And this is true - I do expect a lot from the people around me. Isn't it hard not to? But again, this is a learning experience, and I will keep trying until I get it right.

Watching Sex and the City 2 with my two best girls tonight really cheered me up. My coworker brought me cake today at work, and Menie brought me a red velvet cupcake before the movie. YUM! I also had an ICEE at the movie, and I haven't had one of THOSE in years!! The movie was so emotional, and funny, and sweet. Watching those women makes me feel like I pick up two years of wisdom and maturity in a matter of hours. I'm so glad we went to the movie, and I'm glad that I've come this far in terms of coping.

Just keepin' it classy, one day at a time.

No comments:

Post a Comment