Sunday, June 13, 2010

Horse Racing & BBQ

So I had one hell of a Saturday at work this weekend! I really like open houses, I get especially excited to welcome people to our shop! The environment is always really upbeat and warming. It's like a challenge to impress and be ridiculously pleasant, and I love stepping up to the plate.

Today I went with Albert to Golden Gate Fields in the East Bay, and it was such a gorgeous day. We had lots of beer and hot dogs, and watched two of the races. In between races there was a live band doing covers of current popular hits, and they were pretty entertaining. I placed bets on the second race, and I had to ask the guy at the info window how (I've never done it before). Luckily, he was nice enough to explain everything to me!

But alas, my pick ended up in 4th place. And because I didn't understand how to use the betting machine properly, I made two bets on the same horse LOL. Anyway, it was FUN!


Afterward, we went to Albert's family barbecue in San Jose. Apparently he has a pretty significant extended family in the South Bay, and they're all really nice! I had a good time meeting them, eating, drinking, playing with a huge chowchow, getting my hair re-layered, and even getting a massage from his aunt. What an awesome barbie right? And to top it off, his sister was there, and we had lots of time to catch up.

No comments:

Post a Comment