Sunday, May 23, 2010

The Sweeping of the Sharks

So the Sharks got swept in the last round of the western conference... but a truly valiant effort was undeniably put forth. The last two games were pretty close and the Sharks were playing hard. Also, now I understand why people hate Nabokov - there were moments when I felt like he dropped the ball.

I enjoyed the season nonetheless. I have Alex to thank for introducing me to hockey, and even with a late start in the season I've managed to go to six games - three of which were playoff games against the Avs, Wings, and Blackhawks. I think I've done pretty well as a fan for my first season of hockey! And even though he lost some steam, I still love Heatley.

I hate that people are so quick to talk shit about the Sharks, as if they themselves could do better. I think the Sharks made it pretty far and just because they didn't make it all the way, doesn't mean that they "suck". And when a friend who hasn't seen a Sharks game EVER watches today's game and messages me immediately that the Sharks "suck" - that they played it all wrong, I think that's total bullshit. F* that, who is he to say?

I can't stand negativity.

1 comment:

  1. Yea. Good season topped by a disappointing conference finals. They were close games though and the pace was pretty good for most of the games. Just came up a bit short. I'm glad you like hockey. And Heatley. There's always next year!

    ReplyDelete