Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Yelp Eliting!

On Monday, I went to my first Yelp Elite event! It was called Cinco-de-drinko (how cute is that?) and I'm glad I finally found the time/courage to attend something. I always wondered if people actually went to Yelp events, and what kind of odd personalities they'd have - some people on Yelp are extremely obnoxious with their opinions. But then again... I'm on Yelp too! We sampled Tapena wines, but it wasn't really sampling because it was unlimited! And we got some pretty decent Mexican food from Trago, which has an amazing view of Lake Union. Matt went with me, and we got a bunch of cool freebies like Yelp nail files and lip balm.
Matt and I only really talked to one other person while we were in line for food, and she was really nice. There were definitely people meeting new people there but Matt and I kept to ourselves mostly. I think next time we'll branch out and make new friends! I think I would have, had Matt not shown up. Either way I enjoyed his company. It was a great time, and I think I would be able to attend an event on my own in the future. People seem to be friendly enough and not too cliquey. I think this is a milestone in my life. I've been Elite for 3 years but I never had the motivation or courage to go to one of these Elite events because it really is kind of scary to enter an entirely foreign environment. Since I've moved, I've learned to open up and try new things! And I'm so glad for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment