Thursday, May 31, 2012

Summer Hobby - Golf

A few weeks ago, Sunny took a road trip down to San Francisco and was kind enough to pick up my golf clubs! He also promised to teach me how to play golf, since he used to teach professionally and all. How awesome is that!

Today was the first lesson. After work, I headed over to Columbia Super Range and we worked on posture and swing. There are SO MANY things to remember! But I think I'm picking it up pretty quickly. I had an awesome time, but I wish the driving range wasn't so ghetto. Sean actaully told me that the range we were at is one of the nicest ones in the area, and Sunny later agreed. WOW. Seriously? It was only one level, the grass was all dried up, the railings were rusted, and the range smelled like hot frogs. I was not impressed, but I guess I've just been spoiled by the driving ranges in San Francisco.

Anyway, Matt is always telling me that in Seattle you have to have hobbies to enjoy the nice weather. I found mine! I'm hoping that with Sunny's help, this summer I'll be able to hit well enough to actually play a game on a course. If I keep at it, I'm sure I'll be able to do it. And inbetweens I'll start running - I can run around the beach I found last weekend! My new Brooks running shoes are absolutely wonderful, the treadmill is a totally different experience and I think I finally have enough support to start hitting the pavement.

This summer is going to be good times. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment