Sunday, May 6, 2012

Cinco-de-mayo - New Places, New Faces

Cin-co, cin-co-de-may-yo! That's the really annoying jingle that Matt has been singing for the past few days, and it is actually to the tune of the Flintstones theme song. It's so ridiculous, and I can't get it out of my head. Anyway, in the morning I went to Munich Evolution to check out the awesome stuff that they have. Brad gave me a tour and I got to chat with the owner Matt - really cool guys. The most interesting thing that I saw was probably the Z1 with the roll down doors. Roll down what?? Yeah, ROLL DOWN DOORS!
And then probably the most valuable item I saw in there... the '53 Bentley? Easily.
Finally, the most fun thing there has got to be the racing simulator! I got to drive a GT3 on the track, and practice paddle shifting - it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. Even though I've never driven a race car, it felt really realistic and everything was super sensitive. Pretty freakin' cool.
Later in the day, I met up with Theresa and some boys in Woodinville for a distillery tour/tasting at Soft Tail. We tried grappa, which I really liked a lot, and some vodka which I didn't like at all. The distillery was probably five employees and it really felt intimate because it's such a small operation. We wandered over to the Patit tasting room next door and tasted some honey wines. Apparently the two businesses are very familiar with each other, and it's so pleasant to see a tight-knit community! I don't think you'd get that in Napa, anywhere. The last stop of our Woodinville adventures was Red Hook, where we did the tasting/tour. I thought the tour was pretty boring and by about halfway through the session I was done drinking. It was well worth the $1 though, and I had good company. I met new people today! And it was exciting.
Later, the guys came over to hang out as per usual. We had plenty of good laughs and interesting conversation, and I'm so glad I stayed home with them instead of going out and partying too hard. I'm sure I'll thank myself in the morning! I wouldn't have spent my CDM any other way.

No comments:

Post a Comment