Saturday, May 5, 2012

First Mariner's Game

After work today, I came straight home to meet up with Matt, JR, and David. We went to the Mariner's game! Now... I'm definitely not a baseball fan. Even putting it that way is an understatement. I don't like baseball at all, but I was SO CURIOUS to see this amazing Safeco Field with the closable roof! And of course Seattle would need a roof like that, since the city is so well known for rain. We got free choo choo trains!! :)
So Safeco Field is totally gorgeous. It seems a bit smaller than AT&T Park where I've seen the Giants play, but it is also less crowded. I guess because the Mariners have no fans, HAHA. It's okay though, I had an excellent time hanging out with the guys - just drinking beers and taking it all in. I learned today that you can ask for extra garlic on your garlic fries. I still have the garlic breath to prove it!
I almost bought a t-shirt, and I even considered buying a jersey - they're so good looking! I just can't justify though, for a sport that I don't really like and a team I don't feel anything for. Instead I bought beads. Beads! Just like the ones I bought at the Seahawks home opener last season! These, of course, are baseballs instead of footballs though. Interestingly enough, all of Seattle's sports teams seem to have the same colors.
I think collecting cool beads is my new souveniery thing. I also kept the sombrero beads from the Yelp event last week. They're so cute! I can't say that I'm becoming a fan of baseball, or that I like the Mariners. I do, however, enjoy great company and will probably attend more games with the guys this season. We actually never even went to our ticket seats, we just hung out in the beer garden! Good times indeed. I'm actually pretty excited for football season to start. I had the time of my life at last year's home opener and I can't wait to see the Seahawks play again - and as you probably guessed, it's not the team but the awesome company!

No comments:

Post a Comment