Sunday, July 4, 2010

Independence Day Redefined

So today I celebrated independence - not the independence of our wonderful nation, but of myself! By definition, independence is being free of control or influence from others. And you know what I did? Instead of going to a bbq and stuffing my face with garbage, I stayed home and had some me-time.

I finished season 1 of Weeds, and it was great. I think I teared up almost every other episode which is remarkable because I've never felt so bad for a protagonist, ever. Aside from eliciting sympathy, along with a little bit of empathy, there were also really funny awkward moments in all of the episodes. This reminds me of Modern Family, but darker and more twisted. Not twisted like Dexter, but something a little bit different. I'm looking forward to the next 5 seasons!

On Thursday I went to Holy Cow, and noticed for the millionth time how this HH in particular brings out the worst in people. It's definitely a lot of fun and mostly a good time, but just way too easy for people to cross the point of no return when drinks are that cheap and the music is THAT awesome.

Friday night I hung out with co-workers - sushi, tequila and DJ Hero! Saturday night I stayed in. Overall, it's been a chill weekend. Tonight I'll stop by Gary's birthday and it'll be nice to see people. Although, the plan is to turn in early.. but not before catching up with Chad!

Cheers, to me, and doing what I want to do when I want to do it - independence weekend at its finest. Happy 4th, everyone!

1 comment: