Saturday, October 17, 2009

Bouldering & Mr. Smith's

Last night was some FANTASTIC BOULDERING FUN at Mission Cliffs! This was my first time and I guess I just hadn't ever realized how much upper body strength it takes to climb. I was able to complete the beginner sections of the rock wall, but I couldn't do much more - I need to work on my strength instead of just doing cardio at the gym. Using chalk and tape reminded me of gymnastics, oh how I miss gymnastics. The highlight of the night was when I fell off of the wall and clipped Kevin when I landed. And then he apologized for biting me, and I was like "Uh did you bite yourself? Because you didn't bite me..." and then we stood there looking for bite marks while laughing hysterically.

Afterwards, V and I went to Mr. Smith's. I had a difficult time putting on my make-up because my arms were so drained from climbing! I like the club venue, but I hate the location. And the alley where we were waiting in line smelled like a port-o-pottie. That's freakin' disgusting!!!! Other than that I had a jolly good time, and will consider going again someday.

4 comments:

  1. coool, i wanna try bouldering sometime! only been rockclimbing so far, and got rocked hah.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bouldering is without the harness, hence, Anju crashing down onto Kevin HAHA

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL. Yeah.. maybe the harness comes in handy.. must try that next time!

    ReplyDelete