Monday, February 23, 2015

Sharks Stadium Series game + Real Escape (Time Travel) + Seattle takes over SF

Quite the whirlwind weekend in San Francisco! Matt and I flew in Thursday night, and got to join Beer Club with Alex and Andy. Nan and I also had a secret club meeting. But the first rule of secret club is you do not talk about secret club. We tried a few beers and chatted for a bit before heading home.

On Friday, Matt and I walked downtown to shop for clubbing clothes. Matt actually ended up buying a lot of clothing but nothing for clubbing! I couldn't find anything for clubbing either, but I bought a pair of jeans and a jacket. Meh, not bad. We had Sushirrito not once, BUT TWICE that day. I've been waiting forever to try it, and it was everything that I had been dreaming of!!!

Round 1:


Round 2:


In the evening, we met people up for dinner at Playground. This is basically our tradition to prepare for escape games, but I'm not sure how effective it is. The Time Travel Lab was not a success, unfortunately. But we were close to escaping again! We were on the last clue. YET AGAIN. This game was really exciting, and required more physical activity than the Mysterious Room game. I think the third time will be the charm. And we need Alan. And we probably shouldn't drink soju beforehand. 


We ended up going to Temple afterward. There was some kind of crazy traffic/street closure happening downtown and it took me FOREVER to get there via Lyft. My driver was really interesting thought, and we were chatting about hockey! It was pretty awesome. I actually wasn't sad to be late, LOL. Menie and Charles (and everyone else) were at Temple! It was SO FUN to party with everyone again... and I'm glad we went there because the music was on point. After the club, we headed back to Alex's to hang out. The Seattle people left early, but I ended up napping and then waking up to join the SF people in the AM. We didn't go home until around 6:00 AM. I don't know how they do it...

On Saturday, Alex and Andy picked me and Matt up to head to the STADIUM SERIES GAME!!! However, before we got to the freeway, Andy decided he didn't feel well enough to go. So we dropped him off at home. And then we headed to the STADIUM SERIES GAME AGAIN!! We tailgated for a few hours and caught the very end of the rally. 


It was so cold at night! And when we realized we were sitting in the section where the wind cuts through the stadium, we knew we had to buy more clothing. The game was relatively boring and low scoring, and sadly the Sharks lost. I did have tons of fun hanging out at that gorgeous Levi's stadium though! And of course, I was in great company. The celebrity performances during the breaks were... dated... but entertaining in their own ways. 


A photo of the newest Sharks fan in my life, in his new gear. 


And a photo of the oldest Sharks fan, in his old gear LOL.


By the time we got back to the city, we were just tired and hungry. We went to Tonight Soju and watched k-pop videos!!! What an awesome way to end an awesome day. I really wanted to see Sharkie at the game, and that was the only thing I was disappointed about. Oh well, next time.

On Sunday, Sean and Sarah came to Hayes Valley to meet us at Chantal Guillon. OMG their macarons are the best I've ever had! I got some for my coworkers too because I knew they'd enjoy them just as much. In retrospect, I wish I had bought more.


We also stopped by Blue Bottle to get my favorite iced coffee. Mmm! And the sun was shining, and all was good in the neighborhood. These are some of the moments that make miss San Francisco so much. 



The next stop was Japantown, where we had lunch at Ramen Shalalala. It was okay, I didn't love it. I don't think I'd eat there again. Before we left for the airport, we stopped by for some BBQ and QT at Alex's. It was really nice to sit down and chit chat with everyone before the weekend was over. I even got to see BEAR!! All of the Seattle folks looked exhausted. And I think we all were. Too much fun!!

No comments:

Post a Comment