Monday, February 16, 2015

Nick + Steph + arugala

More visitors!!

On Sunday, Nick and Steph came over to play with Forrest. We ended up chatting for a few hours (with the Sharetea that they brought over *yesss*) and it was so nice to catch up! I used to go clubbing all of the time with Nick, and it made me think of how far we've come now. He and Steph are engaged and planning to buy property, they are so grown up! =P

When Matt came back from his bike ride, we talked some more before heading to Some Random Bar. I had a delicious Coffee Old Fashioned and the Seafood Bisque dish. Both were delicious! Because it was Sunday, they were flipping coins for beer orders - if you guessed heads or tails correctly, your beer was only $1! Matt got two beers, and guessed wrong both times. HA!

Then we walked over to Shiro's and had our real dinner there. Matt and I decided not to get the omakase, because we've done it before and wanted to try other things. The highlights of the night were the Black Cod, Geso Karaage (squid legs),  and the Geoduck Butter dishes. They were really delicious! I also ordered the regular sushi dinner, and everything was yummy! I'm actually glad that I didn't get the omakase. It was Steph's first time, and she did the Shiro's Omakase. She was disappointed and I don't blame her. The courses didn't even come out in the correct order. She was right when she said it wasn't worth $75!



We headed over to Feierabend after dinner, to get liters with Sean and Sarah! Matt finished his punchcard and got the t-shirt. I drank 1.5 liters of the coffee beer (coffee bevvies seem to be a theme) and was full of regrets when I couldn't sleep later! I have 7 punches now!!! At this rate, I'll get my t-shirt by 2018?

This morning, I did some work while I couldn't sleep but I had the day off for Presidents Day. Matt was working from home, but we did get to sneak away for lunch at Serious Pie with Nick and Steph. We ordered the yukon potato pizza (the only one that we didn't order with Nan and Alex last week) and it was amazing. Like a pizza made of chips! And of course we ordered the egg, prosciutto, and arugula pizza again. Nick and I also ordered the "Daily Shrub" drink, which was fruity and vinegary. Very interesting, I liked it!



I spent the rest of the day at the park with Forrest. We haven't been able to have long park visits since winter started, and now he's snoring in my lap. What a weekend!


a game of shadows


contemplating life


No comments:

Post a Comment