Thursday, March 29, 2012

The Hunger Games Trilogy

Suzanne Collins has rocked my world.

Three times actually. First the Hunger Games, then Catching Fire, and finally Mockingjay. When my roommate first recommended the series to me I laughed because it was a book written for young adults. Luckily, boredom encouraged me to give it a shot, and I ended up reading the first book in one sitting. Yes, one 5 hour sitting. My body was numb and numb again, but I didn't care!

I had to know what was going to happen to Katniss!

The concept is genius. The writing could be better I think, or maybe I just don't have a taste for tweenaged novels anymore. Each chapter kept me on edge and I felt so close to the characters. First I loved Peeta, then I hated him. Then I loved him again. Katniss I loved mostly through the series, and at the very very end I literally shed tears. Gale I never stopped loving. I think I'm in love with Gale.

Damn you Suzanne Collins, for leaving me hanging. We need more Hunger Games books!

No comments:

Post a Comment