Monday, March 19, 2012

New York: An Inviting Realization

As it turns out, New York is nothing like I thought it would be. Well, dirty, but that's not the worst of it I suppose.

I have to admit, I was absolutely inspired by the city. The enormous buildings, the bright lights at Times Square, the gorgeous day at Central Park, Uptown, Midtown, Downtown, my goodness where to begin!

The food was outstanding, and VERY memorable. I can't believe I didn't visit sooner. The shopping was, well, overwhelming to say the least. I did get new sunglasses that I really like! And I got a few things from Top Shop and Uniqlo, shops that I'll probably never see in Seattle (and at least not for a while in SF). I found myself wishing I had tons of money to blow on clothes/accessories all throughout the trip, but.... maybe by the next time I find myself there I'll be in a better financial position. I can only hope!

We did touristy things like visiting Times Square, venturing to the Brooklyn Bridge Promenade, riding the dirty dirty subway, taking pictures in Central Park, grabbing a beer at McGee's, and wandering around the streets of New York to stare. And then we did some local things like eating Korean BBQ and getting tapioca in Queens, wandering through Flushing at night, karaoke-ing in St. Mark's, and getting Artichoke pizza! We got to see Jewell (love that girl) and Chris, and Sinclair and his girlfriend, Johnson, and Henry (and his new girlfriend), and we made a few new friends along the way! SUCH an exciting trip, sigh. Frankly, I think I like New York enough to get over the dirty garbage-on-street lifestyle. Can it be true? Do I mean what I say?

All I know is that New York is the second best trip I've had IN, MY, LIFE. Second only to Halloween Las Vegas with all of my favorite people (sadly two years ago now - how time flies!). Yeah, that's how taken I am with New York. Even though I suffered through a 36 hour fever-induced coma once I got back to Seattle. Still worth it -- yeah I said it!

World Trade Memorial

Is it okay to smile here?

Best sesame ice cream ever. Sundaes & Cones.

Divine Mango Chutney dipping sauce!





30 Rock rink!

Somewhere in Manhattan..

Flushing!

Gorgoeus day in Central Park.

Definitely a walk to remember.


Admiring the water.


From the elusive Belvedere castle.

Peekaboo!

BEST PORK BELLY BUNS EVER.

Solving the mystery behind the name Manhattan! :)

Suuuunshine.

SF in NY.

What a fantastical trip. Now - to finally recover from this hellborn sickness, so I can return to reality!

No comments:

Post a Comment