Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Settling into Seattle

I'm two and a half weeks into this new chapter of my life.. and everything is GREAT! I'm catching on pretty quickly at the new job - I've already been entrusted to check customers in and estimate on repair orders! I still have a lot to learn with how to explain services to customers and upsell, but I think it will come in due time. On a daily basis I balance books and do lots of that maths. I'm getting better at it. LOL

Things I love about Seattle so far:
- Radio stations: such awesome music! If I made my own radio station it would play exactly what 89.5 FM plays here.
- THE WOLF! My favorite morning show from the Bay Area (Fitz in the morning) is still on the air in Seattle. SUCH A TREAT!!!
- Gorgeous weather: I haven't had to wear, nor borrow, a jacket since I first got here! The weather is simply perfect at the moment. People keep saying it'll start raining anyday now, but hey it's been sunny and warm for 2.5 weeks!
- Nice people. Everyone here is nice! My new friends, my coworkers, my customers at work - no one is rude or condescending. HUH?! I know!
- Easy mornings: When I get up at 7:15 AM, the sun is already fully up! It's so easy to get out of bed.. so much moreso than it was in SF. I'm just a tad bit worried about when winter sets in and the sun doesn't come out until late. Oh well, I guess I can worry when the time comes.

Over the past week, Matt and I have been making preparations for moving in together. We found a place near where I work, and it's also convenient for Matt to take the bus to his work. It was a tough choice! After viewing a handful of complexes we got our options down to two, and we ended up applying for the cheaper, more convenient and smaller unit. The one we almost chose had tennis/bball courts, 4 pools, a duckpond, and a gym. It was also huge and really nice! But Matt would have had to take two buses to work from there instead of one, and I'd have to drive to work instead of being in walking distance.

I think either choice would have been fine though. And I don't regret the decision we made. We're moving in on Friday! We already got our furniture and we're still in the process of getting other household things together. Exciting! I'll post pics next week :)

1 comment: