Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Settling into Seattle

The drive up was rough, but I was expecting it to be. The first six hours were the worst, mostly because I was so excited I didn't really sleep the night before. The traffic in Portland was horrendous, and I will do everything in my power to NOT have to take that drive ever again. My mom wasn't bad, she didn't irritate me that much. It was kind of distracting when she kept telling me to "look" at things though, because I actually look when someone points. I am guilty of doing the same in Alex's car, LOL.

Aside from being endless, the route was very scenic and the weather was quite nice. I only got hit by a rock in the windshield once, and it hasn't spiderwebbed yet *fingers crossed* -- overall I'm glad to be here. I had dinner at Aunty's house as soon as we got to Seattle. It was nice to see Seattle family after what must have been ten years? The house looks a lot different from what I remember seeing as a child. Smaller, and prettier. Driving around Seattle with Klaus was weird, because I felt like I never left SF.

I got to Victor's after 10, unpacked, and showered. I charged my Kindle while I was getting ready for bed and got to fire that bad boy up. SO COOL! I went to sleep, but was awoken by Matt and JR, who wanted to say hello. Those two are so silly. I slept soundly that night(after they left me alone), and woke up refreshed.

Saturday morning I had an appointment to view Clocktower Apartments, which I didn't like too much. I'm sad that there aren't any vacancies for the complexes that I wanted to live in, but still looking around to gauge my options. I went to buy some stuff during the day, and read some Kindle. On Saturday evening, I went with Matt to Eric's goodbye party. I got to see Menie! And I met a bunch of people, also caught up with people that I had met before. It was Hawaiian themed food and fun times, YUM! Saturday night Victor came back from Cancun, and there was crabbery at the house. My first day in Seattle was a SCORCHER.

On Sunday, we went to Walmart to get a fan because the house is SO HOT!! We had lunch at 5 guys burgers and fries and it was deeeelicoius. The portions there are CRAZY, but I like it! Came back to the house and watched Shark Week, until we went to an early dinner with Charles in Kirkland. I had some really good dungeness corn clam chowder!! This is why I LOVE Seattle! Sunday was an early night, because I had a big day to get ready for. And of course, I was restless and couldn't sleep. Story of my life!

Monday was my first day at the new job, it was pretty easy and straightforward. First days usually are though. I wouldn't say I LOVE it there, but it's not horrible. I have to admit though, I missed BMW and DA because the people I work with now aren't sassy enough. I know I won't get any hilarious, NSFW jokes, or shameful Youtube links anymore. Sigh. I guess we can't have it all. After work, I met with my Aunty, my Uncle and my mom for a bite to eat at Panera. We caught up and I said my goodbyes to my mom - I'll see her in a month though. After dinner, we had Tetris Battle and watched Limitless. LIMITLESS WAS SO GOOD! Way better than I was expecting. I need me some clear pills!

I really like Seattle so far, but I'm getting restless without having found an apartment yet. Matt is moving out too, so we're looking at 2bdrms and I think it'll be easier, as well as more affordable. Hoping to find something this weekend, otherwise I'll just take what I can get so I can finally unpack and stop living out of boxes! The weather is absolutely gorgeous here, and I haven't had any griefs yet. Hopefully things will stay this way <3.

1 comment:

  1. What a coincidence! We just watched Limitless at Brian's house this week. I watched almost all of it on the plane ride back from SD but didn't get to finish so I made him download it. It was a bad ending... So abrupt...

    ReplyDelete