Wednesday, August 24, 2011

New Horizons - Apartment & Bungie Jumping!

Last Friday, after work, Matt and I did our walk-through at the new place and then started hauling all of our crap in. Moving in hungover was not fun, I should not have gotten wasted in Kirkland on Thursday night. The boys did all of the heavy furniture lifting but it was mostly Matt's anyway. I had to drag my laundry bags of clothes, along with the other boxed items that I've amassed all by my lonesome! SUCH A WORKOUT! It ended up being a really late night, and not everything got finished. My bed was only half built, so I slept on the couch but I was so exhausted it didn't matter.

I spent Saturday cleaning the kitchen and my bathroom - wiping everything down and sanitizing. I went to Fred Meyers, Safeway, Dollar Tree, and a few other places to get household essentials. I was too tired to even think about cooking so I went to Victor's for dinner, he was trying to make pork but he accidentally made curry. It was delicious though! We went back to my place to pre-drink, and then we all headed to HG Lodge. My first real Seattle clubbing!! The club was nice looking, clean, and the people were more than decent. Mostly skinny asian girls and clean cut asian guys, then a few odd balls here and there. The most amazing thing is that there is NO dress code. Hat, sneakers, probably sweats even. You can wear anything in Seattle?! That's something to get used to.

Sunday we went BUNGIIIIIE JUMPING!!!! It was sooooo crazy. I was terrified, horrified, petrified, anything that ends with "fied" I was! The feeling of freefalling is like nothing I've ever felt before, and then the bouncing around after the initial fall is kind of like when you fly up on a peak on a roller coaster, except it's 5x more intense. I was so tense that I couldn't even scream! It was amazing though, and now that I know that I won't die from jumping I want to do it again. I'm sure I can really enjoy it next time! The people there were really nice and it was a spectacular experience. I wish it wasn't a 3 hour drive away, but I think it'll be worth going at least once more! When I think about the fall, I can still remember what it feels like and it gives me chills. That two hundred foot drop is insanity man. LOVED IT!



No comments:

Post a Comment