Friday, April 23, 2010

Oh Happy Day: Sharks WIN Round 1 Game 5

Yesterday was one of the most exciting, happy days that I've had in the past two or three years. It started at work when I finished the Larsson book, and it was truly an engaging and worthwhile read. It was like 3 genres in 1: murder mystery, erotic, and drama romance. I'm definitely reading the other two in the series!

After work the awesomeness continued when Andy, Alex, and I were heading down to San Jose listening to Andy's old CD's from 2001-2005. Wow, like a time warp. It was a lot of fun to hear old jams and try and guess who sang what etc. - apparently I can't tell any of the freestyle songs apart LOL.

And then the game! OH THE GAME! It was so exciting, from beginning to end! Almost everyone there was in Sharks gear, and the arena was packed. We scored 5 times and the Avs scored nada. I've been following this series pretty religiously so the win was VERY exciting for me! Now we're leading the series and I think we can win it!!! For those few hours I was in pure bliss. Watching my boyfriend Dany Heatley in action, WOOT!!!



Andy was wearing his jersey, and during the last break he bought Alex a jersey as a belated gift. Damnit!!! I'm jealous!!! I'm going to have to buy one too!! After the game was ridiculous, all of the Sharks fans flooding the streets screaming, cheering, and honking their horns. The energy was out of this world, and I was just so HAPPY!!! I'm super excited for the Sharks!!


We picked up Hiep, and he entertained us all the way back to SF. Never a dull moment with that guy. He groped Alex's leg in the car and I giggled LOL. Well, I thought I was cackling but Alex said I giggled. We stopped by "Holy Moly" as they call it, and then we went to Butter for more drinks. OMG chili-cheese tater tots!!! YUMS!!! And because it was Alex's birthday we got free otter pops! Alex's cake was a deep fried twinkie and OMG it was delicious. That place is fantastic, and the staff is super chill.

All in all, I had a SUPERB day. GO SHARKS!

No comments:

Post a Comment