Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Literature That Makes Me LOL

So on my lunch breaks I've been reading The Shadow of the Wind by Carlos Ruiz Zafon, and last week I stumbled upon a gem of a passage. It made me laugh out loud, literally, in the lunchroom by myself. And I wasn't giggling, I was belting it out. I must make note of this and share. Fermin is the speaker, a reformed bum:



I'm not sure if finding this excerpt HILARIOUS requires familiarity with the character who explains it - but if anyone reads this damned thing, I hope you all enjoyed it as much as I did. LOL.

P.S. The book was very moving. I'm glad I dragged myself through the painfully slow beginning chapters of intricate back story because everything came together in the end. I laughed, I cried, and then I was left with a feeling of desolation. I found a smile again at the very end, and now I'm just confused. This is what great literature does to you - of this I am sure.

1 comment:

  1. cool! i hope i get absorbed in a book too. It's been a while. And it does seem like I need to read the book to find it hilarious :P I did chuckle a little tho

    ReplyDelete