Saturday, January 3, 2015

SnowGlobe + Tahoe cabin trip!

On Monday morning, Chad, Gary, and Tiana came to pick me up for Tahoe! We did a caravan with Alom and David, and picked up Susan on the way. In Vacaville, we had some surprisingly delicious burgers, and it was a nice break in our morning drive. When we finally got to Tahoe, we picked up our SnowGlobe bracelets at Montbleu. Thank goodness Alex and Nan were already in line and we cut them! We saved ourselves about an hour of wait time by showing up at the right time. :) Getting up the icy hill to the cabin was scary, even with snow chains on. Our van was clearly not equipped to handle icy roads and we spent about 20 minutes trying to make it up the first stretch. We eventually did, but got stuck halfway up the incline. In the end, we walked all of the luggage up to the cabinand left the van in the driveway of the vacant house. And omg, walking up an icy hill in sneaker wedges was a NIGHTMARE. Of course I was carrying the pot of raw meat and had no free hands either. Ugh! After settling in at the cabin, we had a nice hot bowl of bun rieu (courtesy of Susan) and we got ready to go. Tiana brought metallic tattoos for us!!!!

The poor organization of the SnowGlobe event became quite obvious when we showed up at the designated South Tahoe Middle School parking lot, which we had all purchased passes for, and no attendants were around. Also, the parking lot was closed even though we could see that spaces were still available. BOO! We ended up parking on the street and trekked over to the venue. The walk was longer than expected but it got us nice and warm so I didn't mind. Because we showed up later in the night, getting in was a breeze and we were at the bar in no time. We had back to back shots and then saw Skrillex! He was good, and played some good ol' hip hop for us. YES! It was a short night, and we went back to the cabin to drink more. I don't think I realized how much alcohol I was consuming, because it was cold! There were also TONS of Sharks fans. WOOT! And quite a few Seahawks fans as well.

On Tuesday, I woke up with some combination of altitude sickness and a hangover. I got up late, and everyone was already eating breakfast. So I ate that, and made a bagel. Over the course of the three days, I would eat a whole bag of bagels LOL. After breakfast, some people decided to take shrooms, and it was PRETTY HILARIOUS. No one really freaked out but watching them stare at objects as a group discussion was interesting. We found a shelf of VHS tapes in the game room, and watched Home Alone! After people sobered up and got ready, we headed to day 2 of SnowGlobe. The wait was much longer to get in, because we arrived earlier, and the walk to the venue was so icy! The second night was much colder than the first. This was my first time seeing Flux Pavillion, and I was really excited to hear Cracks. I thought Flux Pavillion did a great job. Porter Robinson's set was okay, not too exciting. Everyone was pretty cold so we left before Porter's set ended. When we got back to the cabin, some people stayed up to chat and a few people kept drinking. I decided to take it easy, for fear of another hangover.



Wednesday morning's breakfast was SLIDERS! And more bagels for me. :) We watched movies and hung out at the cabin before heading to day 3 of SnowGlobe. It was cold again, but less icy. And we made it to see Zedd!!!!!!!!! My fave of the week. We snuck sandwiches in, and I think I ate all of them, LOL. The rest of the night was ok, and I went back to the cabin to poo in the meantime. The port-o-potties were not that bad at the festival, but still. Gross! Matt came back to the cabin with me, and I snuck in a power nap before we returned for Flume. Unfortunately, I wasn't a fan of Flume's music, but I did think that the fireworks at the countdown were AMAZING. Like, the best fireworks that I've ever seen. They had a lot of the bursting circle fireworks with multiple colors, which are my faves. Before this, I wasn't sure how I felt about the SnowGlobe experience, but at that moment I was sure I was glad that we went. It was a really nice way to start the new year with Matt, surrounded by friends, and watching the most exhilarating fireworks show! Back at the cabin, it was a calm night. I watched Sandlot with Tiana and Chad, which I'd never seen before.

On Thursday, we packed up the cabin and got the cars ready. By the time I packed my stuff, most of the cleaning was done. Thank goodness for responsible friends! The drive back to Seattle from Tahoe was not as bad as I thought it would be. We finished the Serial podcast, and I was fighting to stay awake because I didn't want to miss a thing! I ended up missing chapter 8, but had to keep going because everyone else wanted to continue. I think Adnan is innocent, but because Jay knew where the car was I feel sure that he was involved. I'm really curious to see what happens with the DNA tests!

No comments:

Post a Comment