Monday, January 28, 2013

Clean Closets & Taking Tumbles

Two weeks ago, I thought how nice it would be to finally have some time off! Today, I am SO READY to start the new job. Being at home with nothing to do has allowed me time to catch up on my favorite TV shows like Downton Abbey, watch all of the Sharks games thus far, and play with my new Hamilton Beach Blender, but I've simply run out of things to do. Thank goodness that the lockout ended though, because THE SHARKS ARE ON FIRE THIS SEASON!!!!

Anyway, one thing I'm proud of is that I finally got the chance to try on all of my clothes and clean out my closet. I didn't take a "before" picture but here is the "after":

Imagine that none of the clothes up top were folded before, and they were piled into the ceiling in the corners. I also got to go through my storage boxes and I definitely have enough warm weather clothing that I don't really need to shop for the Miami trip. Finding old faves is so fun, and a relief on the budget (especially after not working for a few weeks).

After I loaded up my giant box of clothing, I was grumbling about how I didn't want to carry it downstairs to my car. I knew I had no choice, so I lugged it to the elevator, and then to the parking lot stairs. And of course, my clumsy self misjudged the first step and tumbled down the flight. And I got serious booboos.


My hip (above), my right knee, and my left ankle got the worst of it. Luckily I had my North Face down jacket on and my arms were heavily padded. I'm also lucky that I didn't hit my head. Still, I was SO MAD that I fell! And I had to stuff the clothing back into the box, the same items that I had so carefully folded for the donation people. Ugh!

Then today I was walking up those same steps, for the first time since the tumble and I saw Hi-Chews on the floor. The same Hi-Chews that I keep in my purse! This reminded me of Sonic the Hedgehog games where Sonic would lose rings whenever he bumped into something bad. Except I don't lose rings, I lose candy!

No comments:

Post a Comment