Friday, January 11, 2013

New Year, New JOB!

So far, 2013 has been fantastic.

Firstly, I finally got some SNOW! But more importantly, I got a new job. =) I know, I know... I just started working at Expedia a few months ago. I did enjoy travel writing and I had some pretty interesting coworkers. I received a contract extension last week... but I also received a LinkedIn message from a recruiter shortly after accepting said extension. The message mentioned a Technical Writer opportunity that I would be qualified for. And it surely sounded interesting! So I called back, and before I knew it I was interviewing with the manager.

The interview could not have gone better. I mean like literally, there is nothing else I could have brought to the table in retrospect. We talked phones, work environments, and the industry for a solid hour. Longest and best interview ever! I'm so excited to be writing about phones again, I couldn't think of a job that I want more at this point in my career. The best part of all was getting an offer for the job even before I got home from the interview. Got 'em!

I have one week off before starting my new gig, and I've been wanting to start a new blog. So I did! Enjoy.

1 comment: