Tuesday, January 1, 2013

New Years 2013

Well another year has come and gone, and it feels like time is flying faster than ever before! I spent the end of 2012 and the beginning of 2013 watching The Pianist with Victor. I think this indicates that my year will be full of cozy, entertaining, and sober moments. And actually, that sounds pretty awesome to me. I should probably start by recapping the past few months - there are way too many moments to catch up on here, but I can definitely point out the highlights:


My first JACK-O-LANTERN! Even though my first time carving a pumpkin was in my mid-twenties, I still had JUST as much fun (if not more) than a 10 year old would. And, I was pretty impressed by how well I did! Victor carved a much more complicated freehand Dada pumpkin with bananas and champagne... one day I too will graduate to intricate pumpkin design!


Thanksgiving with my favorite Korean family! Charles invited me to join a potluck dinner with his family, and I made cornbread for the first time. One was a traditional buttermilk cornbread, and the other was a jalapeno/whole kernel cornbread. There was so much good food and laughter, it truly was a Thanksgiving I feel thankful to have been a part of.


The Windows company party at the Sheraton, a.k.a. Wayne Manor! Probably the coolest theme for a company party, ever. So many desserts and really impressive décor. My favorite part of the night was when Victor got recruited from the crowd to play suspect in a murder mystery skit. We were sitting in the room unsuspectingly prior to the show, and guys dressed up like old-time gangsters were making small talk with us .. we actually thought they could have been Microsoft employees getting into the theme but they were scouting for crowd members to drag into the show! And of course Victor was found guilty by the crowd at the end - an excellent show with talented entertainers indeed.


The Expedia company party at the EMP Museum. This venue is probably one of the coolest places to host a company party in Seattle. I mean, the exhibits were open! I got to use the scream booth, the Star Trek green screen, and I thoroughly enjoyed the Rockaroke and the virtual dance videos. The food was only decent, there wasn't much selection at all. The desserts were good though, and there was plenty to go around! I got to know my coworkers better, and I was much more relaxed (I'm super serious and not the friendliest when I'm actually at work).


The Friend Chicken party! We had an epic group of 30+ people over to celebrate pajamas and fried chicken. Most of the chicken was store bought in the beginning, but later in the evening we fired up the fryer and started throwing in the prepped chicken. BJ's chicken was the best, hands down. Kim's mini cupcakes were absolutely amazing. Lots of liquor flowing made for a really loud game of White Elephant. I ended up with 3 cheesy DVDs and movie candies, but I was pretty satisfied with my gift. The party really made me realize how lucky I am to have such a loving, fun, and exciting group of friends in Seattle. Because of them, 2012 was amazing, and I'm sure 2013 will only grow the awesomeness exponentially.


And finally, my resolutions! I used one of my Christmas gifts to seal the list and make it all LEGIT and stuff!!! This year's list includes getting in shape for UMF, dropping down to 115 lbs at some point, getting a reasonably paid job with benefits, blogging at least twice per month, and finally getting around to creating a writing portfolio.

May 2013 be EVER in our favor.

No comments:

Post a Comment