Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Advocare 24 Day Challenge: Fail

As you may have noticed, my Advocare posts have gone from consistent, to inconsistent, and now are nonexistent. Let me explain.

I had a rough day my second day of work, and took my frustration out with a bag of chips. And well, it worked. I felt so much better immediately after! But then I felt horrible when I thought about how I ruined my diet. For a second, I even considered that if I threw up I could still salvage my nearly clean diet-slate. But no, I didn't vomit.

I continued on with the diet routine, but a few days later I noticed that I was having diarrhea every morning. On the third day, I figured something must be really wrong with me! It was also getting really annoying. I texted my coach and she told me to stop taking the probiotic supplement. I did, and it worked. I stopped having the juicy poops!

Finally, what did me in was the curse of all womankind. My period. A few days after the probiotic fiasco, I knew my period was coming because 1) the calendar date, and 2) the cravings. I simply cannot control my eating right before my period - it's like my body knows I'm going to lose blood and is trying to make up for it in advance!

Anyway, this past weekend we went to Portland for Moonlight Masquerade and that's where the diet truly ended. It's four days later now, I'm still 5 lbs under my original weight, and I'm still very happy with my results. I also did slim down a lot before the rave, which was basically why I timed it this way! So I wouldn't have a spare tire over my tutu =P

Over the past few days, I've noticed that I continue to eat small meals every 2-3 hours each day, even though I'm not sticking to the Advocare diet plan anymore. I also can control my portion sizes and know to stop myself before getting second servings. And most importantly, I've started liking healthier snacks! Like a spoonful of peanut butter, or a handful of raw almonds. I've even continued to eat fruit for my snacks! These are incredibly valuable lessons, and because they've improved my eating habits I think that the diet was a great success.

And I mean really, who thought that I was going to last the full 24 days? I didn't. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment