Sunday, July 12, 2015

Wicked the musical, at the Paramount!

I've wanted to see Wicked for years, but every time I checked showtimes it was either sold out or no one was interested in joining me (because they'd already seen it). This week, somehow the stars aligned, and Christina ended up with extra tickets to see Wicked at the Paramount!

And they weren't just any tickets. They were VIP entrance, with access to the private lounge, and balcony seats that were front and center. Christina's brother had been on a waiting list for a year to get those tickets, and I was ECSTATIC that they thought to ask us!

We met up near the VIP entrance and took a few photos with the Wicked truck. And then we headed into the private lounge where we enjoyed hors d'oeuvres and a round of drinks. When we arrived at our seats, I was so impressed by the view. I don't think seats get any better than that at the Paramount.



The first act was phenomenal, enthralling, and captivating from beginning to end. I was almost in tears by the end of the defying gravity scene! I loved the jokes, and I really loved Galinda's character. It was very Mean Girls at first, and then became a bit Hunger Games (the Emerald City reminded me of the Capitol), and throughout the musical I was reminded of Legally Blonde. At intermission, I was a ball of adrenaline and I even thought to myself... I'd LOVE to be in a musical! The singing, the dancing, the costumes, and energy. The perfect timing and props!



We got another round of drinks, this time in sippy cups, so that we could enjoy them at our seats. Luckily, we had access to the private bathrooms, because the line at the general restroom was horrendous. The second act was almost as amazing as the first, and I was at the edge of my seat for every minute. Prior to seeing Wicked, I had only a very vague idea of the plot. I really appreciated the angle that it took on the traditional Wizard of Oz events, and I think the musical was REALLY well done.



I am so happy we got to go. I love Wicked! I had goosebumps because it was THAT good. <3


No comments:

Post a Comment