Saturday, March 12, 2011

Red Cross CPR Certified !

I am officially ready to help save lives! I took a CPR course this morning with Charles and we learned how to assess situations, help choking conscious victims, and attempt to resuscitate unconscious victims who cannot breathe. The class wasn't too boring, we learned a lot and the volunteer instructors had some funny jokes. The best part of the class was when I had to roll Charles over (he's like a head and a half taller than me) and he said "good luck" and started cackling. But I managed to roll him over, even though it took a while LOL.

The part of the class I didn't like was when I was the "victim" and I got rolled into the recovery position. It required Charles to support my head by touching my neck and I kept screaming. I hate people touching my neck!!! I'm sure I made a scene... oh well. We got through it eventually..

I'm so proud of myself for getting certified! Now I have NERT and CPR under my belt, I'm just that much more prepared for the disasters to come -

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations Anjuli!

    But, you do know of course, that this makes you a,

    CPR NERT!

    Read it again. Think about it...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got mine too! barely, haha i scored 8/10 on one of the tests. Probably because Andy and Alex kept making me crack up during the presentation

    ReplyDelete