Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Heavens to Murgatroid, even!



I've been watching this crazy cartoon all evening, about a presumably gay mountain lion with an impeccable vocabulary tainted by preposterous pronunciation. He likes the opera and show business, and he enjoys reciting nonsensical Shakespeare-like verses.

This is my kind of cartoon. All kinds of ridiculousness and randomness. Snagglepuss is a honey badger, he doesn't give a shit! He does what he wants when he wants, and he always keeps his cool. He's also always running into hunters and outwitting them. But he wears a bow tie and cuffs for goodness sakes, the guy has got style! Lots of wordplay and literal interpretations - some which make sense, all of which make me smile.

Before I did some light research, I didn't even know that this was the same animation studio that put together the Flintstones, The Jetsons, Yogi Bear, and so many more! I've heard the phrase "Hanna-Barbera" before but I never paid much heed. Now I know, but Snagglepuss is my favorite by far.

1 comment:

  1. If you think the cartoons are great, you should listen to the music I grew up with, too.

    BTW, forget Snaggelpuss, find yourself some Rocky and Bullwinkle.
    For real fun iss Moose and Sqvirrel!

    ReplyDelete