Saturday, May 30, 2015

Forrest and Mandy do Coal Creek Trail - Hike yeah!

Summer came early this year! This week has been a scorcher... we might have to start using the air conditioning in the house soon. I've never lived this far from water! Totally missing the cool breezes...

Forrest and Mandy had another hiking adventure! This time we did Coal Creek Trail on Cougar Mountain (rawr!) and we got to break in our new boots because the hike was super easy.


How sad that the creek didn't have any water at the bottom! 


And here's a giant booby trap! Just kidding. That's what I thought it was from afar, though.


Coincidentally, we were talking about Henry Ford and Michigan today! 


And that's all, folks! 

We took the trail that passes through the waterfall, and there wasn't very much water up there either. What a bummer... I guess that's a reminder that no one is safe from drought. Not even the 'rainy' city! 

As we were leaving the mountain, Chelsie and I discussing our next adventure. She yelled, "heck yeah" which prompted me to yell "hike yeah" LOL. I think that's a thing now. Yeah, it's definitely a thing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment