Saturday, May 9, 2015

First planter plates, parties, and guests

One of my most favorite things about living in the house is still the sound system. I haven't used the gigantic bath tub yet, because the nights have been so warm, so I'm guessing that'll be a winter time thing! Shower parties for real, though, and tooth brushing parties before and after sleep. YES.

But my second favorite thing is my planter box! We've been using my harvested herbs for meals, and I am seriously so excited about it. So excited that I don't mind standing out in the yard to cut back and water my plants, even with all the spiders and bees (ew).

Garlic and rosemary chicken thighs


Parsley dry rub chicken


Cilantro chipotle mayo for Portobello burgers


Caprese salad



Matt has been loving his new cast iron griddle thing. And all of these plates use my plants!!!! We also had our first large gathering of friends for the Pacquaio vs. Mayweather fight. It went well, and we put all this space to good use! And then a few days later, we did a smaller (about half the attendance) Cinco de Mayo party. I was actually surprised at how any people came by after work, considering the drive...


We've had furry guests over, too! Everyone is getting puppies, and Forrest is really LOVES having playtime buddies. It's great that he's not territorial, and he'll share everything (unless he's grumpy... which was only on moving day, and after hikes). 

Mr. Walla Walla Wiggles

   

Mr. MONSTER!!


So far so good. Although, I must admit that we haven't really cleaned anything aside from the kitchen. That is... a daunting task to say the least. 

No comments:

Post a Comment