Sunday, September 26, 2010

Sifting Through Stuffies

Lately I've been contemplating moving out, getting a new car, or saving up. While weighing the costs of the first two, I'm hesitant to jump into the former options because 1) moving out now seems almost a moot point, because I hope to move out of the bay area within the next year or so, and 2) getting a new car before moving away doesn't make too much sense considering I haven't decided where I'll be moving yet.

SO for now, I will be content to stay home. What makes moving out doubly complicated, is that once I leave I won't be able to keep ANYTHING here. That means I'll have to lighten up my load, pronto. In the meantime though, this weekend I bought new sheets and a new duvet (animal print, rawr) to freshen up my dwelling.

I am resolved, however, to move away for at least a year before I settle. I've been in the same place forever - literally, and I love the bay area so much that I know I'll retire here. That makes now the most ideal, and perhaps the only chance I'll have to experience another way of life. To make things easier when I finally do move, I have to slim down the baggage. Starting with my stuffed animals, and then my high school and college English work (essays, readers, notes and such). This is going to take some motivation.

Funny quote from HIMYM to end with:
"Robin’s dad has never spoken the six words she longs to hear: 'Robin, I’m proud of you, eh?'"

2 comments:

  1. Yea! living in new places is always exciting. It's always hard to throw away stuffed animals from your childhood, but school work: burn baby burn.

    ReplyDelete