Sunday, September 5, 2010

BBQ Gloriousness

Reno's Best in the West Nugget Rib Cook-Off!!!

Early Saturday morning we headed up to Reno for the BBQ festival, and O-M-G the ribs were so good! Before this I honestly didn't care for ribs at all, but the ribs here were NOTHING like any ribs I've had before!

My favorite ribs of all were:
1) Bone Daddy's sweet sauce ribs
and 2) Wellingham's spicy sauce ribs.

The Aussum Aussie ribs were a tad bit too salty for me, and I can't remember the names of the other place's - but they weren't as good. Wellingham's also had pulled-pork nachos. YUM! Alex's taste in ribs seems to be exactly opposite to mine. Nonetheless, everything I tried was deeee-licious! I'm so happy I went! The drive up and back wasn't so bad, because I took the Charger and we had some very interesting conversation with great company.

By the way, still love that car. I think it's hilarous that the doors have ridiculously strong hinged springs and when you open the door, it bounces back and smacks you back into the car. This whole week I thought it was just my imagination, but it was smacking everyone else today too. HILARIOUS!!!

And I played the Betti the Yetti slots at the Nugget during our gambling break and turned $20 into $60! Of course, then I kept playing and I lost some of my winnings. I ended up walking away with $40 though, I'm pretty lucky that I was able to walk away before squandering more.

Other notables were the fresh-squeezed lemonades (SO refreshing), root beer shaved ice - I've always loved shaved ice and root beer is also a fave, and the rocky road apple for dessert! Great selection of scrumptious foods, and now I can see why people drive 5 hours each way to eat ribs ALL DAY LONG in the scorching heat. Because it's totally worth it and I'd do it again every year! =)

No comments:

Post a Comment