Sunday, September 21, 2014

Fatty food and face paint at the Puyallup fair!

We went to the Puyallup fair again!

This year, we ate loaded waffle fries/tater tots, krusty pups, onion blossoms, deep fried oreos/snicker bar, and elephant ear. I forgot to get corn at the end of the night!!! I was saving it for last because I forgot to bring dental floss. SIGH. They also ran out of turkey leg, but I was definitely looking forward to that (and am now very disappointed).


Last year we didn't play any games, but this year we played the balloon dart game, the waffle ball in the bucket game, and the ring toss game. Sean won Matt a giant shark, but I sold it to some guy for some cash (no one actually wanted the giant stuffed animal). Matt won me a hedgehog stuffed animal, which I kept, and a mini duck toys for Forrest. JR conquered his fear of rides and went on the Zipper, but felt nauseous after (yikes!). We skipped the flower and farm animal exhibits, but I don't think we missed too much. The expo stations in the showplex were fun to walk through again! It was mostly (if not all) the same items as last year, but as we get one year older we are also interested in different things. For example, we watched an entire euro steam demo in awe because we take cleaning more seriously now. Last year we spent a lot of time sampling fatty dips and beef jerky, because I guess we were more into eating then. Go figure!

Matt, Sean, and I picked up Sarah on the way, and then met up with David and Jamie at the fair early on. JR and Chelsie joined us later. The best part of the night was the airbrush face paint!! And taking a photo with the giant button. I love airbrush face paint! I want to wear it every weekend, LOL. We ended up spending a whopping 6 hours at the fair. Daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaang. We walked so much that my calves and my hips are sore today... how sad.



After the fair, we went to Matt's uncle's birthday party in Belltown. We celebrated briefly at Shorty's, but ended up bringing everyone back to the apartment to close out the night. We met so many interesting people! And Forrest was having a FIELD DAY with all of the new friends. What a little lovebug!

No comments:

Post a Comment