Thursday, March 28, 2013

Losing Weight & Gaining Time

When I first got back from Miami, I gained 2 lbs. But then I lost it again and was 119 lbs this morning. Not complaining! Went to Tia Lou's last weekend for Mike's birthday and had a BLAST dancing, especially with the folks that went to Miami.



We also went to Major Lazer last night, and boy was today a rough Wednesday!



But the losing weight I'm referring to in this post's title is not about pounds. It's about something far more heavy. The Friday after we got back from Miami, Victor and I had a serious talk about our relationship. For probably the second time ever. That's right, we never were able to communicate seriously about anything because we just took things day by day. And as our days passed, our relationship snowballed into something real. But was it real enough to last? I figured we should quit while we were ahead, and save the friendship. To my relief, he agreed. And since Friday we've actually been able to hang out as friends. This is by far the cleanest, most healthy break-up I've ever had. Although it's hard to let someone go after enjoying their close company for over a year, I can honestly say that I'm okay with knowing that we'll be able to remain close friends.

And now I have more time to enjoy Spring and Summer! It's starting to warm up in Seattle, and I can't wait to see what the rest of this year has in store. I'm so thankful for lucky transitions in Seattle, and the amazing people that make it possible. I'm starting to think that it'll be tough to move away when the time comes. But only time will tell.

No comments:

Post a Comment